you will have the ability to select from: Featured WordPress themes, Popular WordPress themes, Latest WordPress themes, search for a specific theme, or search for themes with specific features.
When you see the theme that you want to install, simply bring your mouse on top of the image. This will reveal the install button, preview button, and details button. Go ahead and click on the install button.
Or if you want to install a custom theme? Well in this case, you would need to install the theme using the upload method from your WordPress admin.
Start by downloading the .zip file of the theme that you purchased from a marketplace or a commercial theme provider.
To know how to install a Theme by using Upload Method from WordPress Admin watch this video or follow this simple steps:
- login to your WordPress admin area
- Click on Appearance » Themes.
- Once you are on the themes page, Click on the Add New button at the top.
- On the next screen, Click on the Upload Theme button at the top.
- You will be prompted to choose the zip file that you downloaded earlier. Select the file and Click on Install Now.
- Once your theme is installed, you will see a success message along with the link to activate and preview the theme.
- Click on the Activate button, and you’ve successfully installed and activated your WordPress theme. Depending on the theme, it may add additional settings options that you may need to configure either through the theme customizer or through a separate options panel.
Note: The theme upload functionality is only available for self-hosted WordPress.org users. If you’re using WordPress.com, then you will not see this option because it limits you. In order to use custom theme upload feature, you would need to use self-hosted