How to use WhatsApp on web, desktop and portal without keeping your phone online
Now you can use WhatsApp on web, desktop and portal without keep your phone connected
WhatsApp has launched a public beta which lets you add up to four companion devices which work even if your phone is switched off.
To know how to do that watch the video or follow this simple steps :
How to try the beta on iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp
2. tap Settings (bottom right of the main screen)
3. Tap Multi-Device Beta
4. Tap Join Beta
5. Tap Back
6. Tap Linked Devices
7. Scan QR Code
How to try the beta on Android
1. In WhatsApp, tap More options (three horizontal dots)
2. Tap Linked Devices. You might see a pop-up that tells you about the new feature. Just tap OK if you do.
3. Tap Multi-Device Beta > Join Beta and follow the instructions
If you don’t see Multi-Device Beta, either you’re not using the latest version of WhatsApp, or the feature is not yet available in your country. It is rolling out worldwide, though.
- You can use WhatsApp on up to four companion devices at one time, but can only have one phone connected to your WhatsApp account at one time.
- You’ll still need to register your WhatsApp account and link new devices with your phone.
- If you don’t use your phone for over 14 days, your linked devices will become disconnected.